We're all plumbing experts aren't we? Well, I know most men at least think so. Sure fixing a running toilet is easy to diagnose and repair. But even then, an attempted DIY project to fix the leaky faucet that goes wrong could lead to time consuming and costly repairs.
Here are a few basic things we as homeowners should all know, and consider when it comes to small plumbing issues:
- Know where your water shut off is.
- Always check for leaks!
- Have spare parts available, including plumbing tape.
- Don't overtighten your pipes and fittings!
- Try a plunger first.
- Don't over use liquid cleaner.
- Don't puncture your pipes! Duh.